|Instrumentation & Electrical Engineer
This position is: Full Time
Position Location: New Orleans Area
Looking for a new and exciting job as an
Instrumentation & Electrical Engineer? Engineering & Inspection
Services is actively seeking a career minded Electrical Engineer to work
on-site at a globally recognized O&G Operator in SE LA.The I&E
Engineer will provide engineering support for routine daily operation of plant
units and provide engineering and support for the plantís Process Control
System, (PCS). The PCS consists of the Distributed Control System (DCS),
Process Control Network (PCN) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) in the
- Troubleshoot instrumentation/electrical
problems and issues, develop alternatives; propose and implement solutions for
long term reliability.
- Carries out various studies to improve
instrumentation/electrical system safety, reliability and economics.
- Provide engineering analysis and evaluation of
instrumentation/electrical projects. Responsible for design, management and
execution of instrumentation/electrical projects.
- Effectively interface with Operators,
Mechanics, Supervisors, Construction contractors and Management to complete
projects on time and on budget to meet business objectives. Ability to seek out
customerís needs and prioritize own work accordingly.
- Familiarization with working through PHA
(Process Hazard Analysis) sessions, AOA (Alarm Objective Analysis) sessions and
SOA (Safety Objective Analysis) sessions.
- Perform alarm management assessments and lead
remediation of issues.
- Assess new instrumentation and control
technologies and determine the right opportunities for their application.
- Distributed Control Systems (DCSs) preferably
Honeywell, TPS and Experion
- Experience in batch programming using S88
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Allen
Bradley, Control Logix platform
- Understanding of field
instrumentation like coriolis mass flow meters, online analyzers, control
valves, on/off valves, radar level instrumentation, etc.
- Active TWIC Card
- Must be authorized to work for any U.S. Employer
- Bachelorís degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 to 10 years of Refinery or Chemical experience as an I&E Engineer
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Strong ability to work well with other plant groups in cross-functional teams.
Good meeting facilitation skills. Ability to help teach/mentor others.
- Basic understanding of
instrumentation/electrical installations in hazardous areas of a refinery or
chemical process plant
- Strong knowledge of instrumentation and control
applications, including field instrumentation and safety systems.
- Self-motivated with the ability to initiate and
adapt new ideas. Able to work without supervision. Able to proactively champion
technical issues and follow them through.
- Familiarization with electrical codes and
standards. Ensure application of suitable industry codes and standards in
selection, construction and usage of instrumentation/electrical equipment and
- Demonstrates role model
behavior to support diversity, leadership, teamwork and customer focus. Creates
and promotes an environment of trust an teamwork through actions and own
behaviors. Facilitates dialogue and possesses strong listening skills.